Victims of Crime Services (TAS)
The Victims of Crime Service supports people to deal with personal and practical problems associated with the impact of crime, to allow them to regain control of their lives.
Services available include:
- personal support, counselling and information
- referral to appropriate community services and resources
- information regarding the criminal justice system
- support for people attending court
- assistance with Victim Impact Statements
- information and assistance with Victims of Crime Assistance applications
- information on custody, bail and parole processes
- advocacy for victims’ rights
Victims of Crime services can be arranged for people in rural and remote areas. All services are free and confidential.
Hobart: (03) 6165 7524 or 1300 663 773 (toll free)
Launceston: (03) 6777 2937 or 1300 663 773 (toll free)
Burnie: (03) 6477 7133 or 1300 663 773 (toll free)
Hobart: Level 1, 54 Victoria Street, Hobart; Launceston: Level 3, Henty House, 1 Civic Square, Launceston; Burnie: Level 2, Reece House, 46 Mont Street, Burnie