The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation with a focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions.
Together with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, we:
- work with members of the Stolen Generations to create their own healing responses
- support children and young people and their families to improve their social and emotional wellbeing
- build the leadership and the capacity of communities and workers to respond to trauma through education and training
- develop the evidence base for best practice Indigenous healing, and
- share our knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander healing with communities, government and non-government organisations around Australia
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, healing is a holistic process, which addresses mental, physical, emotional and spiritual needs and involves connections to culture, family and land.
Healing works best when solutions are culturally strong, developed and driven at the local level, and led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
(02) 6124 4400